Core i5 or dual core

Solution
There are dual core i5 CPUs and quad core i5 CPUs.

Dual core i5 CPUs have a "u" in the model number like the i5-7200u. It has Hyper Threading (HT)which means it can act like a quad core CPU, but it is not a real quad core CPU. Programs needs to be designed to make use of HT otherwise HT does not really help performance.

Quad core i5 CPUs have a "HQ" in the model number like the i5-7300HQ. It does not have HT and it is more powerful than a dual core i5 CPU. But the program must be designed to use more than 2 cores for the quad core i5 to have better performance than the dual core i5 CPU.

The Sims 4 is a game that only uses two cores and it does not use HT. That basically means comparing two laptops with the same graphics chip, but...

True Buie

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Heyo dhirendrak586

Usually i5's have 4 cores / 4 threads. Although some of the first gen. i5's were 2 cores with hyperthreading. But usuaully the i5's win with 2 more cores over a dual core. Did you have any specific dual core in mind?

Cheers

There are dual core i5 CPUs and quad core i5 CPUs.

Dual core i5 CPUs have a "u" in the model number like the i5-7200u. It has Hyper Threading (HT)which means it can act like a quad core CPU, but it is not a real quad core CPU. Programs needs to be designed to make use of HT otherwise HT does not really help performance.

Quad core i5 CPUs have a "HQ" in the model number like the i5-7300HQ. It does not have HT and it is more powerful than a dual core i5 CPU. But the program must be designed to use more than 2 cores for the quad core i5 to have better performance than the dual core i5 CPU.

The Sims 4 is a game that only uses two cores and it does not use HT. That basically means comparing two laptops with the same graphics chip, but one has the i5-7200u and the other has the i5-7300HQ, the performance of the Sims 4 will be basically the same on both laptops.

Solution