Could this be a battery issue?

Jim Diesel

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014
I have a Lenovo G50-70 laptop running Windows 10. It came with Windows 8.1. I never had an issue with it until late 2015, early 2016. It was only minor/inconsistent at first but now there's a definite pattern. At first, when I would press the power button, I'd see the lights in the front go on and then off, with nothing starting. Pressing again, they would go on/stay on and the laptop booted normally. Then, I began having to hold the power button down for a little longer in order to boot it up. Now, I have to have the laptop plugged in in order for it to boot up, but I can unplug the laptop once it's started (as long as it has a charge left, of course) and it runs fine. Also, if it goes to sleep, or if I close the laptop, it shuts itself off if I try to wake it back up, and then I have to plug it back in again to start it up. Could this whole having-to-plug-it-in to start it but not needing to leave it plugged in to run be some odd battery issue? I've had the laptop for almost 2 solid years now, and late last year this problem began

Thanks for any help!.

Solution
Battery, entirely a possibility. What is the Charge Cycle on the battery, what's its HEALTH? you don't know these answers then you should run a utility to give you those number then you got some empirical data to go on.

Classic symptoms of a worn battery: It charges very quickly, much more than normal. Then also dies very quickly.
Battery, entirely a possibility. What is the Charge Cycle on the battery, what's its HEALTH? you don't know these answers then you should run a utility to give you those number then you got some empirical data to go on.

Classic symptoms of a worn battery: It charges very quickly, much more than normal. Then also dies very quickly.

Solution

Jim Diesel

Estimable
Aug 20, 2014

I figured that may be contributing to it, but I'm still not too sure that's the main reason. I'd be more convinced if the laptop wouldn't hold a charge anymore and couldn't stay on without being plugged in, but that's not exactly the case. Thanks, though!

TRENDING THREADS