Could This Be What the iPhone 5 Will Look Like?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I agree that this phone would just slip out of your hand. Its not that big of a deal, just get a case. I really wish they would just make the back have a rubber coating of some sort so that I didn't need a case.

Personally, I'm probably going to be getting an Android phone next, though I've heard of many problems with the OS on different devices. I'm close to the end of my contract and am looking forward to upgrading from my 3gs.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Why is it so hard for people to imagine a case for this phone? You could have it cover the perimeter of the device, and then have it cross over at the very top and very bottom. This would keep it from "falling out" and also not get in the way of the screen.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]A phone shouldn't need protective covering. If it does, it's not well designed as a portable phone. I wouldn't buy a car not fit for the road just like I wouldn't buy a phone not fit for my pockets, a few drops and all that accompanies being a mobile phone.[/citation]
Then wait for HPalm to release the Veer. Nice and small.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Apple may fail in many aspects but they do release extremely good looking hardware, and this isn't. So I have my doubts that this is the new iPhone.

G

This just in: Ex-Apple Employee murdered in home. No known suspects. Last known words: "Crap they found me. I'll distract them. Take the phone and run. "

G

Lol those who speak about having to get a case to avoid it falling onto the floor are just dumb or what ? If people like apple so much is because of the design of it's devices, so why would people have to resort to a case if it's to screw the design for which they partly bought it ? Apple should be able to make both a thin and convenient factor form.

G

i like the size and everything but, i like the weight and feeling of all the iphones so far. i think having it soooo skinny would kind of ruin it. ya know? i like the weight of it right now bc i can tell if its still in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.