Could This Be What the iPhone 5 Will Look Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I sure hope there is a bezel! how the heck do they expect people to use a protective case on the darn thing without covering the screen? I the backs on these phones are notorious for cracking. Also, the phones do not need to be any smaller, my 3GS doesn't feel comfortable in my hand w/o its case. People will be dropping these things! Apple, keep the form factor, back extra hardware instead!

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I disagree with the above comments. Go with thin and sleek to the extreme, you shouldn't have to design a phone around the protective cases, it's the other way around. I think this looks much more appealing than the iPhone 4 does with its bulky square design.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Bored of smartphones/superphones, I want a decent super mini phone. Half size iPhone (or well made tiny Android phone) please. Must be able to make calls and text.....

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
A phone shouldn't need protective covering. If it does, it's not well designed as a portable phone. I wouldn't buy a car not fit for the road just like I wouldn't buy a phone not fit for my pockets, a few drops and all that accompanies being a mobile phone.

G

To me this new design looks much better then iphone 4.
I hate 'glass on the back of the device' idea.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]talt[/nom]To me this new design looks much better then iphone 4.[/citation]
It looks better, but then the iPhone 4 what? I think it looks better than the iPhone 4.

blackforrest

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
A phone shouldn't need a protective covering? By that logic everyone all the way from the factory to the consumer should be conscientious enough so as to not require more packaging than is required to place many of the items in a large box for mass transport. These things are intended for actual USE, which means the potential for ACCIDENTS. If they cost the consumer five dollars then when it is dropped and broken it might make more financial sense to simply buy a new phone than a $50 case. As it stands these things cost hundreds after the subsidy and hundreds more for replacement mid-contract. A car without a case is called a motorcycle, by the way. Notice how many more people die in motorcycle accidents as a general percentage than in car accidents? By that I mean, would you like to hit a wall going twenty five miles per hour in a car or on a motorcycle? And if you choose a motorcycle, would you rather hit that wall with or without a helmet and full body armor on?

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
[citation][nom]talt[/nom]To me this new design looks much better then iphone 4.I hate 'glass on the back of the device' idea.[/citation]
IMHO the iPhone 4 is the best looking iPhone design to date. Second best to the original iPhone 2G (I just love aluminum). Of course I have no idea on actual usage patterns/accidents and general quality on the new devices. I've had a 2G but never owned a 3G(s) myself (as I didn't like the plastic back cover design although it was probably a step up in reception I guess).

The iPhone 5 will look the same as the iPhone 4. It will just have more oomph inside. The best case scenerio will be that the iPhone 5 will be 1mm thinner (to differentiate itself from the iPhone 4). Also considering the shortages in materials today it'll be unwise for Apple to change the exterior design. Not to mention, recycling the exterior design from previous model can potentially cut costs and hence increase profits or maintain/decrease sales price o/t new device hence broaden the market. The iPhone 6 (end 2012) will probably look different..

G

doesnt samsung hold the recangular with curved corners home button patent? tsk tsk

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I can't WAIT for the iPhone 5 to come out!!!!

Because it'll drop the price on the iPhone 4 and I might actually care enough to buy it at a cheaper cost.

col_krismiss

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
I seriously doubt they will so easily ditch the new form factor of the 4....They built up that antenna so much that they will keep it for at least another generation, regardless of how well it actually works. Besides, changing it so soon will be admitting it was a mistake, and seriously, this is Apple, they wont.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Too thin I'd never buy one it will slip right out of your hand.[/citation]

I agree. I can just see someone holding the phone with one had trying to adjust the volume and the phone shooting out of your hand.

Wow a 3.7 inch screen. I went from a iPhone 3gs to the HTC Evo. I was nervous at first of the screen size and phone being to big. After 3 months of use I played with my friends iPhone 4 and it felt like a little kids phone. I cant wait for Samsung's 4.5 inch screen. The Dell Streak 5 needs some refinement and needs to lose some size. The iPhone sucks for surfing the internet on the tiny screen, not to mention no flash, hence don't bother looking at new cars online with the iPhone. I guess if you like old technology and and only one choice of a phone from Apple. The iPhone is a great choice. The iPhone wont ever have widgets, because then every one will sue them to spite them for the stupid Samsung rounded corner icons.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I kind of doubt that this is what it will look like. Why would they have their new iphone look so much like the iphone 3? I bet that this is fake. They tried to make their iphone 4 look different than the 3. Why would they revert back to the old style?

Status
Not open for further replies.