Counter-Strike: GO on Intel HD 4000?

LeQatar

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
Hi, i've been playing cs go for a while and actually, I play the most on de_dust2, which is the main map on counter-strike series, and the thing is.. I can play it at at least 60fps on 800x600 and at 1024x768 i play from 30-60 with some drops... That's cool, but... on other maps it's different... I really get low fps..
And I know my pc isn't the best but I think a intel i3-3217u with intel hd 4000 os windows 8xp and 8gb ram i could run it.. but i just cant run some maps ... and i would also like to run on the highest resolution.. Isn't there a tweak or something?

emdea22

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
the i3-3217u is a CPU intended for low power systems (hence the "u")
It has a reduced CPU frequency as well as a reduced GPU freq for it function at a very low power requirement. Since it doesn't allow any tinkering there is no way for you to resolve this problem. Your IGP as well as your CPU simply isn't powerful enough to run most games.

emdea22

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
CS 1.6 is a 15 year old game! I played that on a pentium 3 with a geforce 3ti on max...
Payday is more optimized to use more cores than CS:GO while using little GPU power (console port)

"mirror mirror on the wall - console ports are worst of all"

emdea22

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
tweaks often mean disabling some detail that will give you an unfair advantage over other players and since its a multiplayer game those options are locked and no adjustment can be made other than what the game shows in the options menu.

TowelKnight

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
CS:GO isn't very well optimized so I get where you're coming from, if you haven't already tried you can add some launch options to make it more playable http://csgohelp.com/launch-options/ I recommend using -high and -nod3d9ex to get to your launch options go to the steam library right click CS:GO > Properties > General > set launch options and then just paste them in with spaces. In the end investing in a higher end computer is well worth it.

TowelKnight

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014

You could try overclocking make sure you wont overheat anything before doing so.