Couple Sends 8-bit Videogame Wedding Invites

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bon wonton

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Cute, but what happens if the character is hit by an enemy or projectile?

(It might be in the second video, but I don't have the patience to sit through it again)

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
If people want to get married in a certain way, let them, it's their occasion. I for one have a very complex marriage arrangement, but sadly it involves no video games...

heraisu

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
I'm unclear, it was a functional game coded from scratch, a mod, or was it just a video and the case was a mockup?

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Another off beat wedding decision: Niko's taking Darina's name rather than the other way around, look at the credits.

A very sweet and awesome idea!

G

[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]If people want to get married in a certain way, let them, it's their occasion. I for one have a very complex marriage arrangement, but sadly it involves no video games...[/citation]

Complex as in you are still waiting for your mail order to arrive?

barmaley

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
So, 8-bit wedding invite part 2, when credits are showing, the song girl is signing is actually the Communist Soviet Union national anthem. And she is signing it in clear Russian. Which means she probably grew up in Soviet Union. Kind of cool and interesting at the same time, since her name (assuming it's Darina's voice) doesn't reveal her russian roots...

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
"We are geeks. We love video games. Why not have a video game invite?"

Maybe cause gramma doesn't even own a computer, much less have the dexterity necessary to play a mario-like game. Why go through the hassle of having 90% of your invited guests calling you back with "What the hell is this and when is your wedding? Not that I feel like coming now if you're just going to jerk me around like this."

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
^ Yes i agree.

I am Canadian, for some reason i always liked the Russian anthem best... It is catchy. I have no clue what they are singing about i just like the tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.