Court: MegaUpload Seizure Carried Out on Wrong Paperwork

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Agreed. But to the rest of the world, we're just a small country which has no say.And the megaupload guy is just another pawn to knock over. If NZ gets in the way... who cares?Admittedly, I give the U.S huge credit for helping us out in Christchurch, they were one of the first countries here with the heavy lifting equipment which ended up saving lives.[/citation]
Hang on it was only an earth quake, heavy lifting equipment was already available, the US did squat with heavy equipment, the Aussies and JAPAN did WAY more than the US did

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]lol typical NZ police somehow f**king something up, the NZ police screw shit loads up[/citation]

No they don't actually. Are you from New Zealand? The Police had to go through with it as we have an agreement with the U.S to work against "crime". The police did what they were told, the people who filed the paperwork for the arrest warrant were the people who screwed up as the Judge pointed out.

Saying "NZ police screw up" is summing them up as a whole. Your statement is incorrect.
Do some research before you bash my country

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]leeashton[/nom]Hang on it was only an earth quake, heavy lifting equipment was already available, the US did squat with heavy equipment, the Aussies and JAPAN did WAY more than the US did[/citation]

Nope, wrong again. NZ doesn't have any of the equipment available that the Americans flew into NZ. That is WHY they FLEW IT IN.

My point was that the Americans were on of the first to respond(along with Aussie and Japan).

Get your facts straight.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
You need to realize that we are a small country with little expenditure, we don't even have planes big enough to move equipment that size. The Americans flew it on on one of their enormous transport planes.

The Australians were good(as they always are). We work with them a lot, during the Aussie fires and floods, NZ sent a lot of fire fighters and police over to help out. We look after each other down here, just like we look after Samoa and the Cook Islands(who are a dependent country)

G

>> silver565 :
>> Being from New Zealand I can tell you that the Americans wandered into our country, put >> their weight on the government and told them what to do. The sooner they stop pushing us >> around the better

> The sooner The USA can get it's big nose out of everyone's business, the better.

Not going to happen my friend. Our liberal American courts our dictating law not following it.

I hope my we maintain our superiority in the world. I'm no fool, while most of you work giving
up what you earn for your fellow stranger, we here in the capitalistic system believe the
successful deserve to have more. Smart or stupid your choice.

You want it to stop? Hope Obama and the democrats are defeated.

Just look who's going into any country. If American forces show up on your door step
what are you going to do?

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
A mistake is a mistake.

I made a mistake once and broke the speed limit. Seems i have to pay for my mistakes, but the gov't doesn't. Should have asked the cop if i could retroactively changed my speed.

If there was no consequence for using/submitting the wrong paperwork, id fill out a form to requisition a dozen donuts, then go and clean out your bank account.
But hey, my mistake.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]USA[/nom]>> silver565 :>> Being from New Zealand I can tell you that the Americans wandered into our country, put >> their weight on the government and told them what to do. The sooner they stop pushing us >> around the better> The sooner The USA can get it's big nose out of everyone's business, the better.Not going to happen my friend. Our liberal American courts our dictating law not following it.I hope my we maintain our superiority in the world. I'm no fool, while most of you work givingup what you earn for your fellow stranger, we here in the capitalistic system believe thesuccessful deserve to have more. Smart or stupid your choice.You want it to stop? Hope Obama and the democrats are defeated. Just look who's going into any country. If American forces show up on your door stepwhat are you going to do?[/citation]

Did you seriously make a new account just to have a name relevant to your argument? The capitalist system has helped give rise to the greed and corruption (the whole damn US government is scum that should be thrown out of office in a violent manner) just as much as all other economical systems, if not more so. The USA is known for having pretty much every company on the planet lying to our faces to get us to literally give them money. USA cars are among the worst on the planet (least reliable, least efficient, of does the list go on), at least among the worst of any so-called developed country. We have among the worst internet connection speeds, once again especially of the so-called developed countries. Hell, you can go to South Korea and get gigabit internet connections for less money than cable is here in the USA.

I live in the USA myself, but I don't ignore the problems it has. We watch billions (trillions?) of US dollars disappear before our eyes going to who knows where (military black projects, politician's pockets, business etc) and the scams we see are far more often and far reaching than anywhere I ever hear about across the globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.