CPU core0 utilization at 100% at idle

XoRacst

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Good day.

I own a ASUS FX550JX laptop. The i5-4200h inside is a dual core with hyper-threading. Ever since reinstalling windows 10 on my laptop i have had a strange problem. From startup the OS uses 100% of my CPU's core 0. I have un-installed all the programs i myself installed and disabled numerous services in an effort to see what is causing the problem. in addition i have also updated all my drivers and even downloaded the newest drivers along with each and every driver (even though i do not need most of them) that the manufacturer supplies you with. A clean install has also been done yet still no results. I have scoured the Internet for a solution but have not gotten anything yet.

I apologize if there is a similar post out there. I have tried a massive list of things i can do to solve this issue.

Specs of the laptop:
Intel Core i5-4200h (Dual core 2.6ghz with hyper-threading boosts up to 3.4ghz)
GTX950M 2GB DDR3
8GB DDR3-1333mhz RAM
1TB Seagate HDD
250GB Samsung Evo 750 SSD (installed into CD-Rom slot)
15.6" 1080p 60hz LED display

Attached i will leave you with a photo of the task manager. See the CPU's core 0 being used 100%. I have observed the task manager for several hours but it never stops. I have tried multiple different anti-viruses along with malware detectors but have not found a single virus. I mainly use the laptop for light gaming and studies. I have uninstalled my virtual machine software as well because of the amount of processes even when not open that are running. yet no changes. The laptop previously had windows 8.1 on it when i bought it. i installed windows 10 (it had a windows 10 on it previously which had no such problem and is the exact same version as i am running now). This specific version of windows 10 is also being run on my desktop which has a i5-3570k clocked to 4.5ghz with 8gb of ram and a GTX980 and it runs perfectly fine without any such riff raff as on the notebook.

My main concern is the heat. the laptop idles at 60-70" C and the battery life is now very poor. The main processes that are using the CPU is the System and System Interrupts Processes.

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to lend a helping hand.

Untitled.thumb.png.522d91d4e3fc8f3d535923690acd4578.png

XoRacst

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

I totally forgot about windows event viewer :/. 4 Warnings and 3 Errors

The warnings are about internet connectivity and not being able to connect to update services ( i disabled windows update ). The Errors are about not having permission for COM server application CLSID and an install failure. Just as i was typing the laptop turned off all on its own. Strange since it isn't running that hot.

NOTE: New Errors have risen since the bootup from the sudden shutdown.

The previous system shutdown at 5:32:59 PM on ‎4/‎5/‎2017 was unexpected.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly

Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Driver install failed, result=0x80070422 for devnode 'SWD\DAFUPNPPROVIDER\UUID:0A21FE83-00AA-1000-8BB9-FC8F90DA79F9'

I don't see anything else in the event viewers log.