CPU overheats and went from 200 fps to 50 fps

Tircalau

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
Hi guys!

So i bought my Asus N56VB laptop 3 years ago and it ran decent games normally. Then with time it worked slower and slower, until it started running CS GO with 30-90 fps(depending on the map). I don't know what i usually got since my fps wasn't a problem before and i never looked into it. And i played with the laptop working slowly like 1 year and then i got the time and cleared my fan and also replaced the thermal paste.
Then it worked perfectly, with 140-200 fps.
Then, today, 1 month after i cleaned the fan, i opened my laptop to play a CS:GO game and suddenly it started working bad again, with a CPU of 90 degrees Celsius when i finished a game of 40 mins(after i cleaned the fan the maximum temperature was 60 degrees i believe)... I know it is because of the fan, but my question is:
Do i need to replace the fan? Could it be broken?
I don't think i have to clean it again, since I don't think cleaning my fan once in a month should be ok.
Should i buy a cooling pad?

I really thank you if you take the time to help me!
Thanks!!!

Solution
Does the fan spins very fast when the temps are high? If it doesn't then the fan is not strong enough. This happened to me with my asus n series. It was good when I got the laptop and then I played some intense games for about 2 years and then the fans were unable to cool the laptop.
Does the fan spins very fast when the temps are high? If it doesn't then the fan is not strong enough. This happened to me with my asus n series. It was good when I got the laptop and then I played some intense games for about 2 years and then the fans were unable to cool the laptop.

Solution