CPU Overheats out of nowhere!

ty25

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
Hello, I have a Toshiba satellite laptop sadly I have no model but I do have specs. It rocks an AMD A10-4600m with radeon 7660g hd graphics. With enough resources to run a few games that is just what I do. Recently, like yesterday the hard drive fell out and windows crashed so I put it back in and while I do so I turned it on and it say at the log in screen for a while. Out of nowhere the fan starts up at full speed so i log in and open amd overdrive to see the thermal margin is -26c ! It quickly climbs to -36 where it then turns off. I opened my laptop and put new thermal paste on it and it seems fine. I was unable to recreate such events until today, while gaming it was running nice and cool, but I went away for a few minutes and when i got back it was a little warm at -14c. I lift it off my lap and it cools down to 0c but starts climbing again! I put the bottom of it facing me and though it wasn't that hot from what I saw i felt the air coming out of the heat sink and it was cold! i then touched the non covered heat sink and it was cold as well. This was not new, this happened yesterday before it turned off too, its like the heat just stopped and it was forced to stay with the cpu until it killed itself. Very weird to me and I dont think it could be the whole heat sink assembly causing the issues since like when have you heard of copper going bad? This only seems to happen when I am gaming for a long session, then I just let it sit with or without the game open in the background and the fan will just go ham until it turns off from overheating. If you need more details I can give them, this is such a weird problem that I have yet to hear of, ever.