Crackling/Blown sound from Laptop speaker

akoposirazor

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
Hi, I have an MSI ge62 apache pro laptop. My speakers were working fine and loud days ago but the other day I noticed it sounded blown whenever there is bass on the music/video that I am playing. I didn't drop my laptop or anything. The only odd things i noticed are:

Usually, minutes after startup, whenever i play music, the sound is lower than usual (but my volumes are on max) my laptop would freeze and music would stop then a minute or two after, it would continue with better sound. I thought it was weird but then it always happened so i thought nothing of it. But one time it froze and i had to force shut the laptop and when I restarted I noticed, I couldnt open my spotify (it kept on crashing) had to reinstall. My games on steam would show these LUA as if it was my first time launching them and one game was lost in the library but not the files so i had to rediscover them and verify it.

I think ever since then my speakers sounded different. It would sound Buzzing/Blown whenever some bass comes up in the background. I'm not that familiar with the audio specs of my laptop but it has the Nahimic Drivers and Realtek HD audio drivers too. I'm not too sure whats really causing the problem. I tried updating the audio drivers too but to no avail. It'd be really nice if I could get some insights or help with this.

Reactions: adriang001