Craigslist: Adult Services Section Not Returning

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lo_vaquero

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]pim69[/nom]When are we going to get rid of these ridiculous prostitution laws. It's been around since the beginning of humanity, why should one person not have the right to sell sex, and another to buy it, with consenting adults? How does that affect anyone else? especially on the internet, so they're not trolling the streets which is often the complaint that it brings about other crime (though I don't see prostitutes robbing banks very often).[/citation]

You're missing the forest for the trees. This goes way beyond "consenting adults". For example, what happenes when only 1/2 of the involved parties are "consenting"...or even "adults"?

Just like every other issue that deals with morals and values, there is way more than meets the eye.

G

Craigslist, yet another company who feels that morals should only exist in countries that enforce them.

G

Why is prostitution even illegal in the land of the free? first I heard of this. I had read about this whole craiglist thing, but assumed it was more about pimps "selling" women without consent.

Having prostitution legal and regulated is the way to go (as is softdrugs).

G

You would think that the ads would have made it so easy for the cops to bust hookers and johns. I always wondered why the cops didn't setup stings or respond to the ads. It would be like fishing in a barrel!

G

"You're missing the forest for the trees. This goes way beyond "consenting adults". For example, what happenes when only 1/2 of the involved parties are "consenting"...or even "adults"?

Just like every other issue that deals with morals and values, there is way more than meets the eye."

I don't see your point. If 1/2 of the involved parties is not consenting or not an adult, then thats NOT two consenting adults.

G

Yes because if you turn the lights on, the cockroaches disappear into oblivion, right? Oh wait, they're just harder to find.

You think local PD's and AG's would use the gift of CL and you know... investigate a crime as disgusting as underage prostitution, instead of just sweeping it under the carpet.

snowgoer1998

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
Seems to me this is like trying to plug a Hoover Dam leak with your bubble gum...

*Thinks - Vegas Vacation

I wonder where I can get some Dam bait?

Status
Not open for further replies.