Crazy Core Temps

CorroFront

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
I am using the Toshiba L500D-11R laptop. I have checked with HWMonitor and it says that the CPU cores are running at about 71°C idle.
This is totally abnormal! The laptop was cleaned and the temps went down from 100°C to about 70°C idle.
While gaming the temps go over 100°C.
If anybody has a suggestion, PLEASE ANSWER!!

Solution
1) First I would check using a diff program, ie Speedfan. Or if your Laptop cam with a utility to check "health". While I use and Like HWMonitor, it has been know that on some sytems (MB/CPU) that it does not provide correct values.

2) When it was "cleaned" did they reseat the HSF for the CPU and is he Intack fan working roperly.

ImPain

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Wow this is too hot, not normal yes..

Can you open your comp? Check that the fan is working correctly (spinning and plugged to the motherboard).
Could be an air flow problem with the fan or with the thermal paste on the CPU.. but you should check.

Let us know.

CorroFront

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

I could open my computer but since it is a laptop I would have to take out the motherboard to actually get to the CPU.

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
1) First I would check using a diff program, ie Speedfan. Or if your Laptop cam with a utility to check "health". While I use and Like HWMonitor, it has been know that on some sytems (MB/CPU) that it does not provide correct values.

2) When it was "cleaned" did they reseat the HSF for the CPU and is he Intack fan working roperly.

Solution

CorroFront

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

I downloaded Speedfan and it also says that the core is running at 73°C