Create Your Ideal Warrior In 'The Elder Scrolls Online'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I'm looking forward to this big time, hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg when its released. I believe they could still make a profit charging for the game and then only charging 5 bucks a month, depending on how many people play of course. (Should be a lot)

reehay

Distinguished
May 16, 2005
60$ to buy the game... 16$ a month to play... pestered by a Cash Shop... all to play a game the dev's are saying "isnt really a MMO"... more like a solo player game with group pvp.

Not to mention the combat system is being mocked by beta testers. Not even remotely considering Elder Scrolls Online.. another mediocre MMO trying to cash in on a IP franchise name.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I would rather pay $15/mo and get all the items than pay to win. People complain about $15 but still need to have their store bought coffee drink every day which would end up more than $15/mo. Or need to have their soda every day. $15/mo is still reasonable.

So many free to play came and have gone.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I really like the engine they used. I have learned a lot of engines, but the Hero Engine has my favorite development tools. Most of the things the art director talked about come out of the box in the Hero Engine. The developers still need to place in the actual meshes which is also a pretty monumental task in regards to modular modeling.
I don't know why the Hero Engine is not more popular, its pretty easy to develop for. Its only been used twice and one of the examples was somewhat unsuccessful.

ttt222

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
yep...the combat system does blow chunks. The UI is designed for console gaming. There is only 7 buttons for combat. 5 buttons on action bar and 1 hot key for weapon switch...which gives you another 5 buttons action bar. Another hot key that brings out menu for pots and usable items.

ttt222

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
btw...pvp is one endless zerg fest. You just zerg back and forth between keeps.
Taking a keep only takes less than 15min, so you are basically playing tag the keeps. I guess for console game that would be fine, but I didn't like it very much.

Jonathan Marsh

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
I didn't really like the single player games, and I don't know if this is going to be an improvement. I don't mind paying $15 a month for a game if it is good.

With regards to the character creation ... see all that before. I think it should just be taken as standard options for new MMOs.

I just hope that the gameplay is exciting, with strong action combat, and fluid movement. I played Skyrim for a while, but it always felt like it was a bit slow, like playing underwater. It was nice customising spells, but they must really build on that in the MMO.

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
you dont mind paying 15 a month to play a game you already payed 60 to buy... wow they really do see people like you coming a mile off...
i love skyrim and the rest of the elder scrolls. but this is a micky take to loyal fans... 15 may not be a huge amount to you but to some people it is and they will end up having to miss out on a game they like playing which means you dont get to play against the playerbase the game deserves.
seriously if its a good game sell it for what ever and let it be (like starcraft 2) or after a year or even 6 months the amount of people playing will dwindle to the point it will be hard to find a match with more than 16 people. then it will insult them players by going free to play... its not a good business model, but a short term cash cow.
its not good for skyrim and not good for gaming.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
MMORPGs go one of two ways: 1) Subscription based 2) Pay to Win.

Subscription-based games seem like more of a fair option whereas pay-to-wins give success to the highest bidder.

Either way, these games suck money out of people's bank accounts and are successful at doing so.

These games should at least be a free download.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I also like Star Citizen's potential... to empty my bank account !

Damn game is not even released and it's already cost me over 2 years worth of a subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online xD

But at least that is optional. Gotta buy the game, any more after that is up to You.

I will add something else Star Citizen has got Right :

Storage of Ships in hangars in game and Insurance for ships / weapons & cargo cost in game money... But when you are not actually playing the game, like if you go on holiday for a few weeks, these those costs/policies get frozen!

Subscriptions should work this way too for games like The Elder Scrolls Online. If I bought 3 months worth of subscriptions, I would like to get 3 months worth of play out of that payment and not feel like it is a "Golden & Chain" anchoring me to my desk so I can feel I get my money's worth. (as HEXiT said, $15 is a Lot of money to some amongst us still)

Very Simple, THAT is what needs to change in Subscription gaming.

thethirdrace

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I don't mind subscription, but they have to be cost effective.

If the game is sold 60$, I want about the same content as in Skyrim.

If the subscription fee is 15$/month, I want the equivalent of a new Skyrim every 4 months.

If the subscription fee is 5$/month, I want the equivalent of a new Skyrim every year.

Fail to deliver that and you lost me completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.