Cross-Platform MMOG Lands on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Gotta give them credit, the last game that did this (For windows mobile) back in 2006 or something failed horribly!

But with that said, i'm confident that with all the smartphone users of today, this game should at least get a decent player base.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Cross-Platform = good for gamers, I sincerely hope others follow by example because i'd really like to play Halo 3 on my PC!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I have a maxed toon in pocket legends on my Iphone4...I look forward to a larger community.

Pocket Legends is fun and definatly something you can put down after 5 mins OR play for 5 hours! Make no mistake, this game is simple and takes no skill. It will fail miserably on the PC because the game is weak compared to PC mmorpg's... I think the only people playing this on a PC will be botters (me).

There is always a lot of people logged in. The only downfall really is that this game is multiplayer all the way, unless you play levels way under your lvl. Solo realy isnt worth your time as you die too much.

Recently they introduced an auction hall, you get 1 spot for free... you can purchase 5 or 10 more for real life $$.

You can get the game and play for free till lvl 13, give it a try...it is free.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Free to download and play? I think i will give it a try. I like the thought of unifying apps over platforms, perhaps it could serve to ease the constant back and forth between fans of the respective platforms by getting them to just play together.

uruquiora

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
@ house70 :

apart from checkin the ah and posting things...i don't really see myself questing and using macros on a mobile device... not to talk about raiding + chat...

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I have a maxed toon in pocket legends on my Iphone4...I look forward to a larger community.Pocket Legends is fun and definatly something you can put down after 5 mins OR play for 5 hours! Make no mistake, this game is simple and takes no skill. It will fail miserably on the PC because the game is weak compared to PC mmorpg's... I think the only people playing this on a PC will be botters (me).[/citation]

Perhaps, but some MMOs are overly gear dependent and as such, skill isn't a big factor. The sheer size of those sorts of games is one of their saving graces.

Status
Not open for further replies.