Question Currency Meter gadget fix does not work in 2023.

Mar 10, 2023
Yeah hi, I have a BIIIIIIG, BIG problem today. The Currency Meter gadget fix by 81kab did not work, I followed the steps correctly, but to no avail. Sorry 81kab. Is there another fix like this outdated fix from 81kab? I need a new fix for this gadget to make it work in 2023 and beyond. Just saying. I need help please. Answer guys, you are my best people out there. Thank you so much.
Until then, I will use the Microsoft one (fixed, data from European Central Bank).
And no, downloading from win7gadgets.com (fixed) does not solve this problem. That's all I have to say.
Goodbye.
Update: Problem found, and I can't use European Central Bank as that, because this gadget is based by csv files. 81kab, this fix is still working, just need minor fix and version change.
Images with the gadget and the fixed gadget: View: https://imgur.com/gallery/rv3iA7B

Last edited:
Reactions: richardwilson123

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like your previous app is now obsolete and no longer supported. Do you have a link for the specific app mentioned about (not the Microsoft one)?

Are you still using Windows 7?

Is there something lacking in the Microsoft app you are now using?

Mar 10, 2023
I checked the code in the fixed one from win7gadgets.com, and it was because of the link. I replaced the link with my Google Sheets in the gadget.js file, but nothing. Tried many times, with different spreadsheets. Deleted and wasted. I checked gadget.js again, only to realize that the link at the end includes the symbol ' (apostrophe). How can I fix that to make it work?
Thanks. ;)

Mar 10, 2023
Sounds like your previous app is now obsolete and no longer supported. Do you have a link for the specific app mentioned about (not the Microsoft one)?

This is a gadget, not an app. This gadget is not part of Microsoft Corporation, it's by addgadgets.com.
The app is called 8GadgetPack.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023
I checked the code in the fixed one from win7gadgets.com, and it was because of the link. I replaced the link with my Google Sheets in the gadget.js file, but nothing. Tried many times, with different spreadsheets. Deleted and wasted. I checked gadget.js again, only to realize that the link at the end includes the symbol ' (apostrophe). How can I fix that to make it work?
Thanks. ;)
Now I found out the problem here.

Mar 10, 2023

And no. I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64, using 8GadgetPack.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It still sounds like you are trying to force an obsolete/deprecated gadget (application/program) to work. Does a supported application, like the previously mentioned Microsoft app, not meet your needs?

It may be time to move on from the old gadget.

Mar 12, 2023
Yeah hi, I have a BIIIIIIG, BIG problem today. The Currency Meter gadget fix by 81kab did not work, I followed the steps correctly, but to no avail. Sorry 81kab. Is there another fix like this outdated fix from 81kab? I need a new fix for this gadget to make it work in 2023 and beyond. Just saying. I need help please. Answer guys, you are my best people out there. Thank you so much.
Until then, I will use the Microsoft one (fixed, data from European Central Bank).
And no, downloading from win7gadgets.com (fixed) does not solve this problem. That's all I have to say.
Goodbye.
Update: Problem found, and I can't use European Central Bank as that, because this gadget is based by csv files. 81kab, this fix is still working, just need minor fix and version change.
Images with the gadget and the fixed gadget: View: https://imgur.com/gallery/rv3iA7B
The Currency Meter gadget fix may not work in 2023, as the gadget was a third-party tool for Windows that displayed currency exchange rates. It's possible that the gadget fix may no longer be compatible with newer versions of Windows.

Mar 10, 2023
It still sounds like you are trying to force an obsolete/deprecated gadget (application/program) to work. Does a supported application, like the previously mentioned Microsoft app, not meet your needs?

It may be time to move on from the old gadget.
You don't listen to me, THIS GADGET IS FROM addgadets.com, alright????