Solved! Custom ROM for Nextbook NX007HD8G ?

Sep 13, 2020
Hello everyone

I got this nice tablet Efun Nextbook NX007HD8G that has Android 4.1.1 and I wanted to install a custom rom for it but I can't find anything here about this tablet, I have seen a very few threads about it and nothing about installing a custom rom into it.

I was thinking if I couldn't find a rom for my tablet then I maybe I could use a rom made for a similar tablet, would that work ?

I'm very beginner in these stuff so if you y'all can help me install a custom rom then I would really appreciate it.

Solution
The official support for this tablet ended so there is no update and the official page for this tablet doesn't exist anymore, I tried updating from the settings and there isn't even an update button, I'm totally stuck with the 4.1.1 version of Android.

If a custom ROM is specifically made for this tablet then why it wouldn't work ? A custom ROM is way better than a stock old 4.1.1 Android which very few apps and games still support and Google might end its support as well to this version anytime soon.

You were asking about a ROM for a similar tablet since you could not find one for your model. That is what I replied to that it may or may not work, but I'm leaning towards it not working.
Sep 13, 2020
It may work but not very likely to. If you want the tablet working at all, I would leave it as it is or look for an official update.

The official support for this tablet ended so there is no update and the official page for this tablet doesn't exist anymore, I tried updating from the settings and there isn't even an update button, I'm totally stuck with the 4.1.1 version of Android.

If a custom ROM is specifically made for this tablet then why it wouldn't work ? A custom ROM is way better than a old stock ROM of 4.1.1 Android which very few apps and games still support and Google might end its support as well to this version anytime soon.

Last edited:

If a custom ROM is specifically made for this tablet then why it wouldn't work ? A custom ROM is way better than a stock old 4.1.1 Android which very few apps and games still support and Google might end its support as well to this version anytime soon.

You were asking about a ROM for a similar tablet since you could not find one for your model. That is what I replied to that it may or may not work, but I'm leaning towards it not working.

Reactions: Khalil4life
Solution
Sep 13, 2020

Ah okay, sorry for my misunderstanding, I might try it out if I'm too desperate and when I do I will let you (and anyone else who visits this thread) know the results.