Customize Laptop Build?

Isaac_thegamer

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Is there a good site you can suggest to customize a laptop build? I build my desktop PCs from scratch, but I want someone else to build a laptop for me. I just don't know where to go. Newegg and Tiger have lots of prebuilt laptops, but I'm not sure if they are what I'm looking for. Going to manufacturer websites yield the same result.

I found ibuypower, but they are really expensive for what you get. Maybe prebuilt is the better way to go? If anyone can suggest a prebuilt laptop instead, here's what I'm looking for:

1. What is your budget?
  • I want to pay around $1,000-$1,500. I'm not trying to buy a $3,000-4,000 top-of-the-line beast.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
  • 17.3 widescreen
3. What screen resolution do you want?
  • 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
  • I want it to be at least close to my current desktop.
    (i5-3570k 3.4GHz, Radeon HD 7950 3 GDDR5, 8GB DDR3)
5. How much battery life do you need?
  • Long as I can get, but I'm guessing that is obvious. Though, if there are suggestions/tips to extend the battery time, that would be helpful. I don't want it to get super hot and burn me or the table it's on either.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
  • I would like it to play games. They don't have to look amazing, but running smoothly would be nice.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
  • I plan on doing some video editing and some 264 encoding, but mostly I'll use it to watch movies/tv or play games. (Who am I kidding? I'll end up mostly using it for Reddit and YouTube. haha)
8. How much storage do you need?
  • I'd like it to have around 1TB. I don't really need SSD.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
  • Until the technology is obsolete, plus a few years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need?
  • I'd like it to have a Blu-ray player. I currently have a bluray burner on the desktop, but it was the same price as the players when I bought it. I assume I won't need to burn anything with the laptop.
13. What country do you live in?
  • USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
  • I'd like it to have a built-in camera and microphone, so I can easily Skype or possibly stream video.
TL;DR: Looking for laptop site for customizing. Or, a prebuilt laptop that fits my needs.

D

Deleted member 1300495

some cases by clevo might suit your needs. They can be upgraded to an i7 extreme and a gtx 880M, those will be the best specs