Cyber Attack on U.S. Means Thorough Butt Kicking

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]In the movies you always see that the (US) military is the hardest to hack.If they really would use their brain, they would disconnect their military network from the internet completely. Isolate it.Then N Korea can spend their all resources with hacking all day long, without result...There's currently nothing better than an offline computer. Or an intranet.I'm sure if they wanted they could do things like this.[/citation]

Why do that when they can just turn off the whole internet? :p

G

*waves around a little American flag, marching in tones of leetspeak*

Being prior service and reading this makes me chuckle. A nervous yet childishly innocent, chuckle.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]platypus[/nom]lol Zoonie. It must be tough going through life without a brain.[/citation]

Yeah, I guess I am brainless. I wrote my comment knowing that it would get thumbs down from hillbillies like yourself. Go Bush! Right?

Please educate yourself on the effects of war on national economy, and perhaps a few details about the recent history of warfare. Then we can discuss this further.

Btw, how many tons of 'nu-cu-lar' weapons did Iraq have, Billy-Bob? Since I'm brainless I have a hard time remembering the exact figure.

Syranetic

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
It's no secret that countries like China and North Korea have entire teams of engineers working on hacking US military networks. It's a much different landscape than 10 years ago, hacking is no longer a hobbyist interest -- it is an global tool used by various government and military leaders.

Look at the attacks on Georgia by Russia -- the Georgian governments website got hacked as well -- the Russians used it as another tool in their arsenel.

manicmalki

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I have the anser to all of this .... Spawn more overlords!!!!
But in all honesty if anyone tells you that this hacking and counter hacking thing is just getting started. Smack them. This has been going on for years. Trying to stop it is like trying to erasse google its just not gonna happen. This is just the latest big thing to happen.

manicmalki

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I have the anser to all of this .... Spawn more overlords!!!!
But in all honesty if anyone tells you that this hacking and counter hacking thing is just getting started. Smack them. This has been going on for years. Trying to stop it is like trying to erasse google its just not gonna happen. This is just the latest big thing to happen.

bgd73

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
it has been taking it seriously for quite some time.In fact the net is the militaries origin, fools. Quiet as a hacker....if anyone remembers the 1990s to now, it is indeed a world of difference, much better and safer, and defense had everything to do with it. I can only assume military related games added to this. keep hacking kids, it only feeds evolution.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Send out the Raptor. $350,000 laser guided missle to shoot down a Pentium II with 40GB HD and 512MB ram hacker workstation. It's sad to say but I think a hacker in the future has more offense than a Raptor or any jet fighter. Let's hope the Air Force has more sense that they need better computer systems running proprietary operating systems rather than Windows BOB... I mean XP.

city_zen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]Btw, how many tons of 'nu-cu-lar' weapons did Iraq have, Billy-Bob?[/citation]

Errr, according to the latest available figures, the total amount would be approximately ... ZERO :)
However, and much to everyone's surprise, they turned out to have a lot of oil :p

/sarcasm

[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]'Cause the U.S. is a "Equal opportunity ass-kicker".[/citation]

+ 1 for the Duke Nukem Forever (a.k.a. DNF) quote

Status
Not open for further replies.