cyber ghost and system tray query

solquiff

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi, I used to use Cyber ghost, but haven't used it in a long time. Every day when i load up my computer I get a pop up asking it I want to run the program and I click no, or just x out of it and it goes away (it also doesn't show up in the system tray). However, today and a few other times Ive noticed that in the system tray the little logo appears, hours after me not selecting to run it. How could this be? In order for this to happen would I not need to manually click on the desktop icon. which of course I didn't do.

I looked in the settings and it is set to load up on start up and to start minimized but every day it just asks me if i want to run it and i say no. I must add that when I click on the random appearing cyber ghost icon on the system tray, the program hasn't actually changed my i.p or anything, it is just waiting for me to select a country etc.

Anyone know how this could happen. Basically on start up i click the dialogue box away and the icon doesn't appear in the system tray but then sometimes randomly hours later it appears yet i haven't actually clicked on the program in order for it to be there.

could it just be that as in the settings are to start on start up and start minimized it just takes hours to appear in the system tray? That would be weird as this only happens randomly, like once a month.

Could this be the work of a hacker or something?

Thanks and hope my post makes sense.
More about : cyber ghost query

p.s I should also note that I've just right clicked on the system tray and gone to properties' and it is there under customized icons and set to 'show notifications only'. However most of the other icons that actually appear in the system tray are also set to that too. There are 14 items in the list under preferences but on the actual system tray there are only 12. Is there some kind of limit? although 'always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar' is ticked.

solquiff

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi, thanks for the reply. It says 'only show notifications'. If it updated automatically would it not have told me, would there not have been a pop up? all icons are set to 'only show notifications' could it be that it 'updated' but nothing really happened? Does an update not mean update to a new version or could it just be a minor change that I wouldnt notice? WHen random things like this happen I just get a bit freaked out. Is it normal for system tray icons like this to come and go?

im just concerned as normally the only way to get the icon in the system tray is my clicking on the program, which i didnt do. All this despite it saying in settings that it is to run and minimize on startup yet neer actually does that - it asks me if i want to run it and always click no..only hours later does it appear randomly maybe once a months. Thanks

popatim

Splendid
updating would require a download and probably a notification and maybe a permission to install (depending on your system settings).
CHECKING for an update is usually non-disruptive (ie- no notification box) unless an update is found, you wouldnt normally even be aware of it, just like flash player updater, Java, Acrobat....