Cyberattack Takes Aim at Obamacare Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Good obamacare is an utter joke anyhow. because of this bs my current healthcare insurance premiums are going to sky rocket. I hope this crap implodes on itself before it becomes mandated by next march.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Why even attempt to ddos the site, it rarely works anyway. A tech trying to fix it could probably fart and the site would go offline for hours on end. But this is Government IT, outsourced to the lowest bidder. Blizzard, those folks at Steam could have done a better job with this site, hell even EA could have done a better job! And EA's luck with public servers is not exactly stellar.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
There is no stopping a GOOD DDoS, this is not one of them. If you have a rule in your ip tables or system kernel (on the firewall) saying "if x do y", that eats up the router's processor power. If you have to do it, 100000000 times in 20 seconds, guess what, you've just been DDoS'd. If you want to add a black list, guess what, that rule check to see if the IP address is valid or invalid, takes processor power too. YOu can do what I did and just use a computer as a router. It has the power to keep up with the requests.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I don't really see the point in trying to hack this website. 36,000 people have signed up out of millions that have attempted. If you want to do damage, try a site that has >0.3% success rate to begin with, and if your looking for personal/medical data the insurance companies websites surely have more than 36,000 users singed in.

Podzak

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
WOW!
Now, who would want americans to live with illnesses and even DIE?

Oh, yes, other Americans!
Who needs enemies when you have your own countrymen?

I sent you a PM ... read it then remove the reference in your sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.