Review Cyberpunk 2077 review: Where do I start?

Dec 21, 2020
Oh, and to get this out of the way early: I played Cyberpunk 2077 on an Xbox One X . . . because I don't own a gaming PC. I hear the game runs better on tricked out PCs and the new consoles . . .

So this isn't really a review of the game, it's a review of the game's performance on a specific platform. Which you're offering as a review of the game because that platform is really, really popular.

Maybe Tom's Guide could commission a review from somebody who has a gaming PC, next time?

Dec 21, 2020
Maybe I am less picky or maybe I am just a pleb, but I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I don’t need to “connect” with a virtual person to enjoy the game. The supporting characters are fascinating, Keanu overacts just as much as he always has, and the tech is cool. This is an amazing experience and I have spent over 45 hours just running around and doing gigs and side missions.

Are there bugs? Sure but that just adds to the fun. At least my game saves as opposed to Watchdogs: Legion. It doesn’t matter that corpses float around and cars appear out of nowhere. It’s the future and everyone is a walking computer. I am not looking for reality. I am liking for fun.

Dec 21, 2020
You forgot to mention how well it runs on Stadia. Seems like ignoring cloud gaming platforms is a bit of an oversight.

Dec 24, 2020
I understand the hate about bugs, poor performance or unstability, I just don't get the underrating;

Jan 16, 2021
To speak unbiased here, I have witnessed the upset and the disappointment that this launch caused.

My son was busting to play this game on the PS4 and after a pre-order and much hype he was literally sleepless for 2 days awaiting this game drop... and then it dropped.. and well... the rest is history and we are where we are....

But... console aside, I have the PC version and my son has been playing this version since the last hotfix, and I have to say - This game is a piece of Art....Art that is messy and at times questionable, but art that has potential - REAL potential!

Yes!.., its a little buggy and you get the odd NPC deciding he or she wants to be superman and flies off into the distance, or an NPC deciding to block your progress until you reload etc...etc..., but this game is on a scale unseen and is ambitious!

Night city is H U G E! - massive, complex and so diverse.... yet, I am sure that CDPR will sort this and Cyberpunk 2077 will be even bigger and better than the Witcher 3...

Give it time guys... the game will settle itself down and become a masterpiece....

Agreed - and Yes its been disappointing for a lot of people and yes its been a pain in the ass - but they will sort this...

CDPR will make this right...