Dac amp recommendations

Cat Bug

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
I bought a pair of DT 990 250 ohm a while ago and I was wondering what a good amp and dac combo would be good, or if I should go for a dedicated sound card like the Sound Blaster Z, or the external E5. Since they are used for gaming would a software like razer surround make something like the Schiit stack come through my headphones with surround sound as well. Sorry if this was all over the place not the best at these sort of things. Thanks for the help

Solution
The Schitt stack would connect to your PC via USB. For music it would be better than a soundcard.
For gaming you might be able to use the effects of the soundcard if they are output via the digital output of the soundcard and you connect the Schitt DAC via coax or optical digital audio.
If the soundcard doesn't do this and you wanted these effects you could use the soundcard with the Schitt headphone amp which will probably drive the headphones better than the soundcard.
The Schitt stack would connect to your PC via USB. For music it would be better than a soundcard.
For gaming you might be able to use the effects of the soundcard if they are output via the digital output of the soundcard and you connect the Schitt DAC via coax or optical digital audio.
If the soundcard doesn't do this and you wanted these effects you could use the soundcard with the Schitt headphone amp which will probably drive the headphones better than the soundcard.

Solution