dash cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have a dashcam i got from ebay and this one is kind of junk. it does record good has 170 deg fov, but i can't get the video to show . the cam will not show the video and when i put the sd card in my phone it fails to show. if i put the sd card in the pc some of the video shows most freezes.

so is there an app that will show the video when i put the sd card inthe phone? or is there a dashcam that will show the video on the dashcam? i have a device that you put the sd card in and insert that into the pc or phone usb slot, but my phone tells me it can't see the video. so i'm hoping maybe i can get an app that will find the dashcam video and display it. if so then i may be able to salvage this camera. if not then what dash cams will record and show on the dashcam or let you save the video so the phones will view it? it does not good to have a dashcam and then the day you need it to show an accident it fails to produce.

thanks bp.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
this is the 4th one it is the ultra sandisk microsdhc uhs-1 card 32gb speed 120 mbps card seems it should work.
update on viewing the one the unil video. i can get the video on the unit but it is harder than japanese arithmetic. it takes a combo of button presses to get this ti show. i formatted the card on the cam and when i finally get to the video it is vga 1m hd or avi. you would think it would be just one formate. the avi are movies but the photos it saves when you press the correct button save in any format it chooses.
it does not good to have to have a manual in the car just to figure this out, if i was in a crash i'm betting i will not remember where it is or how to use it. a dash cam that is a bit user friendly may be in order.

my 2016 chrysler 200 had the large dash screen but will not play the video, so getting it off the unit or my phone is the best bet, but should be one button playback. someone may come back with a easy to use dashcam that actually works as intended. thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
hi mine shows the video when it is recording but a week ago i witnessed a crash and tried to get the video off the sd card and it would not show on my phone or on the unit.

i do not know the name as it does not have name it is a cheap china brand but i did not want to get an expensive one at first just to make sure they did any good. and i could figure out how to operate it. i did figure out how to get the cam to show the video when the sd card is plugged in but it is so hard that in a week i will forget for sure. i need to figure out how to plug the sd card into the phone and have an app be able to open the sd card and show any video on it.

once in a while i can als get my phone to show the video but that is not reliable either. thanks

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
so i got a dashcam coming that the dashcam forum says is a good one, lets see.
one i have works good and i can get into the program good but it does not like sd cards, i may not have the correct type the other one is a bit more expensive and likes the sd cards but i can't get into the program for viewing footage. so lets see how the nes one does. if it fails i give upa nd will not use them again, i wanted to use them for that crash i'm bound to get into one of these days, whether my fault of not
thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.