Data-Stealing Fake Bank App Found in Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamsChoice

Estimable
May 28, 2014
For those who do not know, Marshall Honorof has worked and may still work for Apple. He writes for Apple and almost ALL his articles are biased. He also owns Apple stock.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
For those who do not know, Marshall Honorof has worked and may still work for Apple. He writes for Apple and almost ALL his articles are biased. He also owns Apple stock.

So he created this story? Did he also create the 95% smartphone malware apps that effect Android devices?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
lol....how do you like me now...google mobile OS is a joke when it comes to security...the funny thing is that they pay for people to find bugs and still does not help....google really needs to wake up

Noshiz

Honorable
May 9, 2013
And that's why you should not trust Android. 95% of the apps are malware and viruses, have fun using anti-virus on your phones.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
lol....how do you like me now...google mobile OS is a joke when it comes to security...the funny thing is that they pay for people to find bugs and still does not help....google really needs to wake up

This has nothing to do with the OS itself, but rather the process that Google has of approving apps. There should be no way for someone to post an e-banking app, if they are not the bank ... As with most security issues, it's a Human problem, not a Software one.

Marshall Honorof

Editor
Herald
Aug 1, 2013
@SamsChoice - That's a funny assertion to make, given that I a) have demonstrably never worked for Apple and b) don't own any Apple products. I assume you have some evidence to back up this extraordinary claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.