Solved! DCR-HC19E USB driver

Jun 21, 2018
I believe Sony never provided a USB driver for the HC 19E for Windows 10. However I have an old notebook that still functions with Windows 7 Home Premium. Can anyone send me a compatible USB driver - Windows 7; DCR-HC19E. Thanks in anticipation.

Solution
I would check the manual to make sure the Micro-HDMI port will accept input from a video camera. You would need to make sure your capture/editing software would be able to import video via the Micro-HDMI port. The cost of the cable would be nearly as much as the cost of the Dazzle.
According to the Sony support site for that model there is no USB driver available as the necessary driver is included in Windows 7.

"Drivers: The drivers needed to connect your Sony camcorder to a computer and transfer files are already included in the operating system.
Not Supported: 
The USB streaming feature is not supported with the Windows 7 operating system.The Windows 7 Starter edition is not supported."

Source:
https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/support/tape-camcorders-digital-minidv-camcorders/dcr-hc19e/downloads/Y0015166

Jun 21, 2018
Kenrivers, thanks for that. After a long search Windows 7 could not find a compatible driver and of course PlayMemories Home just sits there waiting for a device to be connected. I don't know what to do next except maybe get rid of the camcorder.

Jun 21, 2018
I want to get the video out of the camcorder onto a harddisk. The camcorder has AV out and DV out to I.Link. My newest notebook running Windows 10 has Micro HDMI. Does anyone do A DV out to Micro HDMI adapter cable?

Jun 21, 2018
No, the old one only has USB. I will check out Pinnacle Dazzle. The newer one has the following in the manual, I assume it allows input - Micro HDMI port: This port is for a micro High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) connector and is HDCP compliant for HD DVD, Blu-ray and other protected content playback. Thanks for your help.

I would check the manual to make sure the Micro-HDMI port will accept input from a video camera. You would need to make sure your capture/editing software would be able to import video via the Micro-HDMI port. The cost of the cable would be nearly as much as the cost of the Dazzle.

Solution