DCR-TRV17E Camera but not conected pci card

A lot more details are needed. Is the problem the camcorder won't connect via a FireWire port on a PCI card you installed in the computer? If not that, please explain exactly what is going on. If you are using a PC what OS (Windows, Linux, etc.) are you using? If Windows then which version (10, 8.1, 8.0, 7, Vista or something else) are you using?

Asad_22

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017

Asad_22

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
i buy a PCI card and pci 1394 card ieeee 1394 cable but dnt conected my camera capturing please i requsted you pci card properly setting how to please fix it

Install play memories Home
https://www.sony.de/electronics/support/camcorders-tape-camcorders/dcr-trv17e

connect your DCR to the PC via USB and import videos/pictures with "play memories home"

or connect the sony memory stick to a compatible card reader and copy the files to your PC

I don´t think you can use i.link to get the files to a PC, because the camera and a compatible video recorder (vcr) will need IR information to do so

Solution

Asad_22

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017

Only one problem with an answer given above. With the Sony DCR-TRV17E you cannot transfer video via a USB connection. You can only transfer the video via a FireWire connection or the A/V cable. The USB connection is only for viewing pictures stored on the Memory Stick. What does IR have to with it? If set up properly you can indeed transfer video from this camcorder to a computer via the FireWire connection.

I understand you purchased and installed a PCI FireWire card. You connected the camcorder to the computer via a FireWire cable and the camcorder is not recognized.
1) Did you install a driver for the FireWire card?
2) Do you have the camcorder set to VCR mode when you are making the connection?

It would still be helpful to know what version of Windows you are using.

Asad_22

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017