decent gaming laptop under 1000

wannab

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Hello,
i'm planning on buying laptop, and i'm not that great with the technical terms...
please help me to find decent laptop.

1. What is your budget?
$1000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15in or larger
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080..
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement laptop
5. How much battery life do you need?
I will b fine with atleast 3hr battery life or more.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
YES, if possible I would love to put in high setting and play the game. If not, i can go medium graphics. I usually paly gw2, LoL, and some RPG games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
mainly will be for school and gaming

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
If possible I would like 750GB (minimum will be 500GB)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
sites that i can trust on will do..
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
i want to keep it about 4-5yrs.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer, not much of bluray fan..so it really doesn't bother me if the laptop does not have it.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I would like to buy where the customer service is decent, so I do not want MSI or Leveno products.
13. What country do you live in?
U.S
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I researched few of laptops for myself. I did hear that Leveno Y500 is great for the price, but I saw the reviews saying that touchpad is horrible. Also, Leveno seems like doing nothing to fix it for past few years. Thus, I hope I can buy decent gaming laptop that is not a Leveno brand.
Also, i did looked at some laptop, but not sure if this will be great for it.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/hp-dv7-7247-notebook-17-3-core-i7/prod7910127.ip?navAction=push

thank you for helping me