Decent Laptop for games

Cthomps

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Hello guys so I am thinking of getting a laptop for some travel gaming and some work stuff.(i.e email, spread sheets, internet research, etc.) Now as for gaming I would like to be able to play the newest games without trouble. I am current looking at the Lenovo Y510B-59406634. it has the i5 4200m. I could upgrade to the i7 4700mq for like 150ish more. I am not sure it is worth it. I know the i5 is dual core with hyperthread and the i7 is quad.

So my question is will the i5 provide good performance in games like SWTOR, Skyrim, Diablo 3. I know the dual Nvidia 755m SLI will be decent I just want to make sure the i5 will be good with it or I should try to up the budget for an i7.

Oh my budget is about 950.

Thanks for all your help.

Solution
I would go for the i7 on a mobile platform since it is a true quad core (that is also hyperthreaded). You can look at something like notebookcheck dot net to see the difference between any of the components. 750 and 755 will not perform too differently so you would be better off going with a model that has the i7 cpu.

Cthomps

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Thanks for the response. I like the one you posted I am just curious to know if there is a difference in the 750m vs 755m both SLI. Being that the i7 has the 750s and the i5 has the 755s which would be more beneficial or better performing in the long run.

anthonyorr

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I would go for the i7 on a mobile platform since it is a true quad core (that is also hyperthreaded). You can look at something like notebookcheck dot net to see the difference between any of the components. 750 and 755 will not perform too differently so you would be better off going with a model that has the i7 cpu.

Solution