Deciding on a gaming laptop

Noahliscord

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Hey guys!
So I am looking for a new laptop to game on. I want to be able to play any of the Total War games, Arma 3, Battlefield, overwatch, Civ 6. I can spend no more than $2000 on it and I am told that MSI is really good for gaming. I need a little help narrowing down which MSI laptop is the best for my budget. Looking at their sight there were a much of different laptop series and I had no idea which one of those series is going to be the best for me. I had a PC before with a 980ti in it and hoped I could get a GPU in this laptop that will have similar computing power. I was also thinking about an i7 core.

Also one of my friends told me it might be worth waiting a bit since the 1080 just came out. Is that a good idea and why?

Thank you for your help!

Ne0Wolf7

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
The PC features Nvidias VR Ready Pascal based GTX 1070 with 8 GB of VRAM and an Intel core I7 6700HQ with a clock speed of 2.6 MHz and a turbo speed of up to 3.5 GHz.
The 1070 is a great GPU, it will blow thought nearly all games at 1080p or even 4k. It's VR ready with 8GB of GDDR5 VRAM, so its certainly future proof. To further its future preefness and awsomeness, its even based off of Nvidias newest GPU micro architecture, Pascal. Pascal is a truly impressive chip set because it runs cool, efficient, and low power draw, making it ideal for laptops to further battery life.
The CPU, 6700HQ, is also pretty future proof. It. again, is based of off new micro architecture, Skylake, and has some great clock speeds (up to 3.5 GHz). It has 4 cores for optimal multitasking and gaming performance where many cores are needed. 6 MB of L3 cache enhances its speed also by allowing it to process lots of data at once.

Ne0Wolf7

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
The RAM on this monster is also very impressive.
Thanks to the Skylake CPU, the laptop has DDR4 2400 MHz RAM- very fast. Not only is it quality RAM, but there's a lot of it- it has 32 GB, more than enough for ANY game.

Ne0Wolf7

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
To further performance, MSI included an SSD to supplement the HHD.
256 GB of SSD is plenty to install your OS and plenty of programs. Installing them on a SSD instead of HHD gives a great speed boost due to the faster read/write speeds of SSD due to the removal of moving parts within the drive.
However, 256 isn't enough for everything, so to give the PC a good price, there is also a 1 TB HHD for files and such.

Ne0Wolf7

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
The machine even has great display and audio.
It has full HD 1920 by 1080 resolution, which is perfect for a 15.6 inch screed, 4K is really overkill and a waste of money on that size. Regardless, it supports widescreen, and more importantly , uses GSync, which will offer wonderfully smooth display and eliminate tearing.
This even has three speakers, two 3W speakers plus a woofer powered by a Dynaudio Tech sound card.

Ne0Wolf7

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Where would we be without aesthetics?
The laptop is all black with a tasteful back ilt keyboard, which looks awesome and is useful if you'll ever be using this in the dark. The back looks ineradicable, it displays the MSI logo and is somewhat contoured. It also had two glowing red stripes. Even the fan intakes are neat.

Ne0Wolf7

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
LAN is needed for all online games, and this lappy covers its bases.
It has Killer Gaming Network E2400 Ethernet, which is faster than the competition due to its ability to detect and control speeds for certain applications and websites so you'll nevr be unhappy with you wired network.
As for WLAN, it uses the Killer N1535 Combo which is the same thing, but wireless with dual band and extended range, so if wires aren't your thing, use the awesome 5 Ghz/s band.

Ne0Wolf7

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

I think they're almost exactly the same, except yours as more SSD storage, lol

TRENDING THREADS