Deciding on an ultrabook

thormejh

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
Ok, so
i have been looking and looking through ultrabooks and i cant really find one that suits my needs and i was hoping someone on here knew something i didn't. what i need in the ultrabook is as follows

-usb-c
-skylake i7
-good trackpad
-good keyboard
-1080 is fine
-good battery life
-2 usb ports minimum
-i would like an hdmi out but i can live without
-256gb ssd
-13.3 screen size

the razer stealth looks good but its so small at 12.5, i might have to get it just because its the only one i can find that fits most of my needs, but idk if the keyboard and trackpad are good? Any info you might have would be great!

Thank you,
Mac

Solution
As far as wanting all of those specs, I believe the only Ultrabook with USB-C is the Razer Stealth, excluding the new Macbook which is probably a really bad option in general. If you can live without the USB-C then the HP Spectre x360, Asus UX303UB, and the Lenovo Yoga 900 are all good options fitting most of your other requirements. From what I have seen the Razer Stealth is a good competitor all around with keyboard, trackpad, display, and performance. I would say if money isn't as much of an object then the Razer Stealth is your best option because of USB-C then followed by the HP Spectre x360 which doesnt have USB-C, but has really good reviews in its keyboard, touchpad, display, build, and battery life.

zyro812

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
As far as wanting all of those specs, I believe the only Ultrabook with USB-C is the Razer Stealth, excluding the new Macbook which is probably a really bad option in general. If you can live without the USB-C then the HP Spectre x360, Asus UX303UB, and the Lenovo Yoga 900 are all good options fitting most of your other requirements. From what I have seen the Razer Stealth is a good competitor all around with keyboard, trackpad, display, and performance. I would say if money isn't as much of an object then the Razer Stealth is your best option because of USB-C then followed by the HP Spectre x360 which doesnt have USB-C, but has really good reviews in its keyboard, touchpad, display, build, and battery life.

Solution

thormejh

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
Hey thank you for the answer! i was looking at the hp real hard but in the end i decided to go with the surface pro 4. So many people loved it and it had the 6650u (for the 540 graphics). Its good so far, i hope i love it as much as everyone else though in the coming months!