default browser steps not working

ghoast.cc

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
i tried making chrome my default browser by going through the steps but its not making it my default the default space is blank with the cross... for the love of Christ HELP ME!!!

Solution
win 10 doesn't like you changing the browser, i had problems like this myself.

try going to settings/apps/default apps

scroll down to middle of right panel and choose Set defaults by app
AOuHMJh.jpg

choose chrome from the list & click Set this program as default - Use the selected program for all file types and protocols that it can open by default
X8Vy4CT.jpg

that should set it as default in that other listing as well.

I don't think you can uninstall edge, it like IE before it is built into the operating system

ghoast.cc

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

i've done both of those but no matter what the default browser remains blank

ghoast.cc

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

no in the settings menu that shows the default web browser it isn't showing anything but a gray square with a darker gray cross in the middle and the text 'choose a default' even though I've selected chrome repeatedly and with some of the applications on my laptop they have links and when i go to click on them it sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of chrome i would make a video and post it but i dont know how really considering this is my first laptop

Colif

Distinguished
win 10 doesn't like you changing the browser, i had problems like this myself.

try going to settings/apps/default apps

scroll down to middle of right panel and choose Set defaults by app
AOuHMJh.jpg

choose chrome from the list & click Set this program as default - Use the selected program for all file types and protocols that it can open by default
X8Vy4CT.jpg

that should set it as default in that other listing as well.

I don't think you can uninstall edge, it like IE before it is built into the operating system

Solution

So what you're saying is when you get to this point (see image), the Web Browser section where mine says Firefox, yours is greyed out and asks you "Choose a Default"?

OyI9BAU.jpg

-Wolf sends