Dell AC adapter "Plugged in, not charging"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertiee

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Hello,
I have heard this problem is very common in the Dell laptops. My charger is plugged in however the battery is not charging. I have heard it is a defected part in the motherboard and the whole board will have to be replaced. Does anyone else have this problem? Also, is the a Class Action Suit Against Dell. I know of friends laptops with same issues. thank you

buwish

Splendid
If the laptop is still under warranty, you may be able to get the issue resolved for free. If not, yes, I have heard of this being a common issue. One of my Dell's had the same problem, but for some reason or another, the battery started charging again. It could also be a bad AC adapter or battery as well. How old is the battery? If you know someone with a Dell that uses the same AC adapter, give that a try and see if the battery will charge.

buwish

Splendid
If the laptop is still under warranty, you may be able to get the issue resolved for free. If not, yes, I have heard of this being a common issue. One of my Dell's had the same problem, but for some reason or another, the battery started charging again. It could also be a bad AC adapter or battery as well. How old is the battery? If you know someone with a Dell that uses the same AC adapter, give that a try and see if the battery will charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NTManiac Laptop Tech Support 0
Romanio0089 Laptop Tech Support 8
specuuu Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
lgdragon040 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1