Dell Coming to Best Buy in US

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This goes completely against Dell's low part inventory business model. I am not sure how this will work.

G

they are trying to gain ground again after losing alot of their market share to HP. only time will tell if their prices will reflect this move for the worst.

G

YEa, Dell sorta sucks... Thats why they have good service for when things break >.>.. I'm in that sutuation atm, I woundered why i got a dell >.<

G

dell isn't very good so why would putting in bestbuy be any better?

strvph64

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2007
both of these companies suck. i own electronics from both have have been dissapointed in the things i own personally, as well as things i have seen fail that belong to other people from these two manufacturers. i've done my best to buy nothing from either of these two for about the last year and advise anyone i know to do the same as their stuff is simple garbage, ass is their support. the things they do are unethical, their advice is bullshit, and thier products just plain break. i hope they burn.

G

Dell used to be good in both customer and tech support. Neither of those hold true anymore. All the customer support is outsourced. That fact alone isn't too bad except for the fact that I literally had a hard time understanding %90 of the people I spoke with.

On my last recent attempt over the summer to purchase a $5500 desktop I had nothing but problems even trying to place the order. I wound up canceling and going with a smaller boutique shop. I'll never recommend a Dell again and wouldn't be surprised to see their stock take a tumbling in the months to come.

DestroyerOfSenses

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
strvph64.... Best Buy is not a manufacturer... its a retail store. They only sell what other companies (manufacturers) make. Kinda surprised at the news... i guess everyone gives in at some point, hp, gateway, now dell.

impalpable

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
DestroyerOfSenses... Best Buy also has their own product lines. They own Insignia, Dynex, Init, Geek Squad, and Rocketfish. I use to work for the company, and we made great margin off of that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.