Dell e6520 charging issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzaibk21

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
My dell e6520 Charging issue, Guyz i recently change the 6 cell with 9 cell battery, but the problem is that when i plug in the charger it shows charging for some seconds and then stops charging.. again n again starts charging then not charging but plugged in continuously.. what should i do?? is it a charger problem or something else.. please help

Solution
Are you trying to charge it while the laptop is on or off? I ask because if the charger cord is damaged in any way (and you may not see the damage) then it can cause the issue you are having. It will do better charging, then, when it is turned off rather than on. That is due to the charger cord not being able to get the correct amount of power through to both run the device and charge the battery.

I would suggest trying another charger cord and see if this resolves it.
Are you trying to charge it while the laptop is on or off? I ask because if the charger cord is damaged in any way (and you may not see the damage) then it can cause the issue you are having. It will do better charging, then, when it is turned off rather than on. That is due to the charger cord not being able to get the correct amount of power through to both run the device and charge the battery.

I would suggest trying another charger cord and see if this resolves it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.