Dell Inspiron 11 stuck in boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lettuce_Engineer

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
>About 3 days ago I tried to completely reset my dell laptop
>Half way through the reset process it hit some type of bump, saying that "windows has encountered an error"
>It does this about eight times before I decide to force shutdown the laptop
>I then power it back on and gets stuck on the boot screen with the Dell logo on it where it loops infinitely
>on this screen I hit f2 to get myself to the BIOS menu
>I have no idea what to do now, if someone could help me out that would be awesome!:)

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and try booting it up again.
- If it gets stuck on the Dell logo again load into BIOS and reset it to default by pressing F9 then reboot it and see if it would get pass the Dell logo again.
- If these will not work remove the HDD off the laptop and see if it would get pass the Dell Logo because if it does that means the HDD is faulty.
- If it doesn't get pass the Dell splash screen without its HDD that means the problem can be the motherboard.
- Try to remove the CMOS battery then put it back in and see if this will solve the...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and try booting it up again.
- If it gets stuck on the Dell logo again load into BIOS and reset it to default by pressing F9 then reboot it and see if it would get pass the Dell logo again.
- If these will not work remove the HDD off the laptop and see if it would get pass the Dell Logo because if it does that means the HDD is faulty.
- If it doesn't get pass the Dell splash screen without its HDD that means the problem can be the motherboard.
- Try to remove the CMOS battery then put it back in and see if this will solve the problem or not.
- If it's still under the factory warranty do contact Dell for a repair.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.