Dell Inspiron 15 500 series dead

Akhilesh_5

Estimable
Aug 14, 2016
hello i have a laptop dell inspiron 15 5000 series whose dead,completely dead,when put on charged without battery it does nothing,i have tried a new battery its still the same.

Solution
If what you're saying is that there is no response at all when you try to power on--no screen flicker, no flashes of lights from the indicator lights, nothing--then you probably have a really, really dead computer. If it's under warranty, contact Dell. If not, well...you might try a repair shop but those bills get real big, real fast, on a dead laptop

mazboy

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
If what you're saying is that there is no response at all when you try to power on--no screen flicker, no flashes of lights from the indicator lights, nothing--then you probably have a really, really dead computer. If it's under warranty, contact Dell. If not, well...you might try a repair shop but those bills get real big, real fast, on a dead laptop

Solution

Akhilesh_5

Estimable
Aug 14, 2016

its not on warranty and repair shop is telling me to change a motherboard

mazboy

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
no. you basically bought a disposable computer. they last so long, then die. you might make a little money selling the RAM and the HDD on ebay, then selling the chassis the same way. then use the money towards another laptop.