Solved! Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Windows 10 install "Where do you want to install WIndows"...there's no options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2019
Pretty much in the title, but yeah, there's nothing to choose from in the list; no hard drive detected, apparently. It IS password protected, if that tells you anything. I was given this in exchange for work, it hasn't been used in awhile and the ex-owner has no idea what his password was. Any idea?

Apr 27, 2019
need the password to continue.
contact dell for password security support
Okay, but say I get the password, put it in to get to Windows...I still have to reboot to the thumbdrive and start from there, which...how is it going to matter that I've put the password into Windows or not, you know? I won't be in windows...and I don't see anywhere else where having a password could help me. Its just not showing the harddrive.

Apr 27, 2019
So go into Windows, enter the password, reboot to the thumb drive and the hard drive should be there?
With the amount of previous logins, you'd think that it should have long ago been recognized, you know?

Apr 27, 2019
You're right, the install should see the disk, but by default, Dell has something enabled under "advanced boot options" that prevented that. Something "legacy" something or other lol I'll post back with the exact steps once Windows installs for anyone else that might have the issue. A bit of a pain!

Thanks for the help Rgd =]

Status
Not open for further replies.