Solved! dell inspiron 15 7559 troubleshooting help

Oct 6, 2018
Alright,

Well I've done a lot of searching on a lot of different forums for a solution and haven't found one yet so I figured I'd make my own post to see if I could get some help.If this is the wrong place I am sorry and please move it if you can/direct me to where I am supposed to be! Smiley Happy

i have a 7559 and as what seems to happen to most... My hinges gave out causing my laptop to look like I threw it across the room... I didn't....(yet) I kept using it because it worked and one night the screen started to flicker when moved between the open and closed position and then suddenly it stopped working all together. Flash forward to today and I replaced the bottom case of the laptop and added more RAM. I tried to boot it up and the keyboard lights come on and the LED indicator flashes 2 orange lights. Doesn't sound like the fans are on, there is no beeps, the power button LED is not on and the screen doesn't come on. I have tried so many different things and none have them have worked. Hopefully someone here can help me!!!

TLDR: It no work :/

thanks for your help!!!

Solution
You may have accidentally disconnected the ribbon cable from the screen to the motherboard. Easy way to find out is to you try an external screen - maybe a HDMI lead to your TV. If it works, open up and reconnect that ribbon.cable and reseat the RAM..
You may have accidentally disconnected the ribbon cable from the screen to the motherboard. Easy way to find out is to you try an external screen - maybe a HDMI lead to your TV. If it works, open up and reconnect that ribbon.cable and reseat the RAM..

Solution