dell inspiron 1501

Solution
ah, a program for your hard drive ? ok I see , what happends when you turn on computer , do you get boot screen ? and then a blank screen ?

or nothing at all ?

dose it power up ?

Slavegamer

Estimable
May 5, 2014
Drivers are free .. so if you had to buy one , thats quite weird . Also yes on recovery cd . I dont know what you installed , dose not sound like a driver. Sounds like a program you may have bought , helps to know what was installed

Slavegamer

Estimable
May 5, 2014
ah, a program for your hard drive ? ok I see , what happends when you turn on computer , do you get boot screen ? and then a blank screen ?

or nothing at all ?

dose it power up ?

Solution

scorpio18

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014

Slavegamer

Estimable
May 5, 2014
Sounds like something really went wrong . Where you having problems with the hard drive and decided to buy a utility to help fix ?
Regardless , I would think your hard drive failed . In that case Im not sure. You could try the recovery cd , or the windows cd that came with the laptop.

first try turning on computer and while its booting up repeatedly tap the f8 key , then select "safe mode" if you can get into safe mode then
go to start menu , right click on "run" and run as admin . then in the black box type sfc /scannow . it will look for damaged files and then ask you to insert windows cd to repair them . if you have a failed hard drive then you might want to have it replaced and reinstall windows