Solved! Dell Inspiron 3565 ram type

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 15, 2017
I have a new dell Inspiron 3565 with an a6-9200 series apu an Radeon r4 1tb hard drive and windows 10 and 4gb Ram but my question is what type of ram? Ddr3 or ddr4??
I think this is the part number

I35656a125blk pus

Solution
Integrated graphic cores (iGPUs) do not have their own dedicated RAM. They rely on using the RAM installed in the laptop. 4GB of RAM is not a lot to be shared by Windows, the game, and the iGPU. It will definitely lower performance because Windows would need to constantly swap data between the RAM and hard drive while playing games or using any programs that requires a lot of RAM. 4GB of RAM can also cause games to crash simply due to a lack o resources that swapping data cannot resolve.
Oct 15, 2017
How much is the base vram on an a6-9220???is

Integrated graphic cores (iGPUs) do not have their own dedicated RAM. They rely on using the RAM installed in the laptop. 4GB of RAM is not a lot to be shared by Windows, the game, and the iGPU. It will definitely lower performance because Windows would need to constantly swap data between the RAM and hard drive while playing games or using any programs that requires a lot of RAM. 4GB of RAM can also cause games to crash simply due to a lack o resources that swapping data cannot resolve.

Solution
Oct 15, 2017
Actually I’m going sell it and the extra ram I bought for it and get a real gaming laptop