Dell Inspiron 7520 repairing disk error loop

WeeeeBa

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
My laptop was working fine a day ago. Haven't had any problems with it at all. I turn it on yesterday and I just get a black screen. It wasn't going past post mode. It Started diagnosing the problem and then took me to the advanced options page saying it could not repair the problem. I shut down the laptop, took out the battery and the power supply and held the power button down for about 1 minute. Started it back up and same problem.
Went back to advanced options and I don't remember exactly what I did but I clicked something to do with repair. It is now on the black screen with the dell logo with text underneath it saying "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." It has now been more than 24 hours on this screen. I restarted the device and now instead of it taking me to the advanced options page it takes me straight to this page and just carries on looping.

I have everything on this laptop and a factory reset is the last resort. I need to get everything off of this laptop and can't lose anything, is there a way to get into the hard drive and start pulling files in to an external hard drive. Programs I am happy to lose just not my files.

How do I fix this without losing my files. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank,
Cameron

Solution
open the back case remove the hdd.. install it in some other system(desktop preferably) already running an os.
Backup your data.
Then run the drive through diagnostics to check for sector errors.

Surajkind

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
open the back case remove the hdd.. install it in some other system(desktop preferably) already running an os.
Backup your data.
Then run the drive through diagnostics to check for sector errors.

Solution