Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still freeze, do try the laptop in Safe Mode and see if the same problem will persist.
- While the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Once it loads in Safe Mode and it works normally, do proceed with doing a complete virus/malware scan. Please use the link below for the complete guide and tools.
- Once done, do also disable all the startup items. If you're using Windows 8 open Task Manager then click on Startup tab and disable all the startup items.
- Reboot the laptop once all these steps has been performed.
- If the same problem will persist you'll need to reinstall Windows itself.
- And reinstalling Windows will not solve the problem then the problem is the HDD already.