Solved! dell inspiron laptop won't reinstall wireless driver

Apr 15, 2018
recently, my laptop wasn't able to connect to wifi, so i deleted the wireless driver and tried to reinstall it but that didn't work. i tried installing the proset wifi that intel has to reinstall my wireless driver since it is supposed to come with the driver but that also didn't work. according to guides, i should be able to find my wireless driver in device manager but i can't seem to find it there even with the "view hidden items"options on. i really don't know what to do and i don't want to be stuck using an ethernet cable

Solution
Have you tried scanning for hardware changes in device manager? If the card doesn't show, or doesn't show as missing, it is completely possible that it is no longer working correctly and needs replacing. That can be done one of two ways. You can either replace the internal one. Or take it to someone to have that replaced. Option 2 would be to get an external one, which connects via USB.
Have you tried scanning for hardware changes in device manager? If the card doesn't show, or doesn't show as missing, it is completely possible that it is no longer working correctly and needs replacing. That can be done one of two ways. You can either replace the internal one. Or take it to someone to have that replaced. Option 2 would be to get an external one, which connects via USB.

Solution
Apr 15, 2018
i decided to try reinstalling the wireless driver in safe mode and it reappeared in device manager, but for some reason it can only be viewed as a hidden device. when i looked at properties, it says that the hardware device is not connected (code 45). I guess i'll have it looked at.

Thanks!