Dell Inspiron N5110 doesn't turn on

Rocke

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Hello, I did a fresh install of Win 10 on this laptop (without upgrading bios, dumb me) and when I got to the desktop, battery died. I plugged it in and tried to turn it back on but nothing happened, i thought it was drained so I waited few minutes and tried again. Nothing happened. I tried everything I could, I switched ram, held power button without battery and charger connected even for 2 minutes and nothing. Every time I tried to run it I heard CD/DVD rom doing something (probably moving this part with laser) and hard drive LED was on but not flashing or anything but it only happens if I hold the power button for a few seconds or plug in the adaptor while the battery is in. Charger isn't original and I don't really have a possibility to get a new/other one, but I'll be satisfied enough if this can be diagnosed.

Solution
Plug the AC adapter into the wall - if there's no light on it before you plug it into the computer, the adapter is faulty; replace it with a new Dell OEM adapter.

If the adapter shows an LED but the system shows nothing, remove the battery, unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Remove and reinstall both memory modules.

Try again -- if you still get nothing, replace the system board.
Plug the AC adapter into the wall - if there's no light on it before you plug it into the computer, the adapter is faulty; replace it with a new Dell OEM adapter.

If the adapter shows an LED but the system shows nothing, remove the battery, unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Remove and reinstall both memory modules.

Try again -- if you still get nothing, replace the system board.

Solution