Dell Laptop G3 Freezes while plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2018
Hello, Dell G3 Laptop freezes when AC adapter is on (plugging) but after several minutes, sometimes in 15 minutes, sometimes in 1 hour. But while using just battery, everything is OK. I have reinstalled windows, but the same. I also checked system from BIOS, but didn't finish, freezed again. Do you have any idea why is this happening? thank you

I have performed several checking task using Dell support service but everything is OK.

I have 1tb HDD, 128 gb SSD (windows is installed).
Hynix 8gb Ram.
i5 8300H CPU
GTX 1050 4gb

Oct 18, 2018

I am sorry...
I haven't investigated this issue yet.
Please keep in touch Removed if you find out something, and I will inform you too.

What are you going to do? if you live in USA you can send them to repair, I bought it in USA but I am in another country right now and thats why I am unable to send them....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2019
I have the same laptop, same problem and am in the same predicament as you. I bought it in the U.S but I am outside of the country and no one is available to help. This is so unfortunate and frustrating. I am very disappointed in Dell. I hope there's a fix soon. I will be following this post closely. I am very desperate.

tammyton

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

Same here. I literally unboxed my laptop about 28 hours ago. As a temporary workaround you can disable the Intel graphics driver. That seems to stop my computer from crashing while it's plugged in, however that will stop you from being able to do things like adjust the brightness of your monitor.

I also read in another thread that disabling intel turbo boost might work. Here's a thread on how to do that: https://superuser.com/questions/627665/how-to-disable-intel-turbo-boost-on-my-dell-laptop-with-i5-processor
I haven't had enough time to test that myself yet.

UPDATE - To fix this issue I re-enabled the intel graphics driver and installed this older version of it: https://dell.to/2QWAE4z

Jan 21, 2019
I am having the same problem, although sometimes my laptop also freezes while not plugged in....and plugging it in solves that momentarily. I've had the laptop for 2 months and I'm pretty disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.