Dell Latitude or Lenovo idea pad

guyztec

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Hi I'm look for a laptop I have been looking on a Amazon and Ebay I saw dell latitude and a Lenovo idea pad I was wondering what specs could play fortnite and Minecraft PC for $150 and record the screen

Yeah, without knowing exactly which models you are referring it is impossible to help you.

After a quick look at ebay the following seems to be the best laptop to can get for $150. The 14" Dell Latitude 3440 has a Core i5-4200 and Intel HD 4400 integrated graphics core with a 1366x768 screen.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-3440-14-i5-4200U-1-6GHz-4GB-RAM-500GB-HDD/173019137294?hash=item2848be850e:g:pIUAAOSwuhFaKENu

You can play Minecraft with and you can likely record the game as well, but you will definitely take a performance hit because recording game play is CPU intensive. I know nothing about Fortnite, but it is definitely more demanding than Minecraft which mean if you attempt to record gameplay, then you probably should not bother playing the game.

The Intel HD 4400 was pretty decent when it first came. I tested it out on my laptop (I disabled the dedicated GPU) with a few games at 1600x900 resolution. Mass Effect 2 & 3 ran fine on normal settings; that meant Mass Effect 1 would work a as well, but I didn't feel like reinstalling the game. Fallout 3 is playable with some tweaks, but it needs a d3d9.dll file from NexusMods.com so that the game will recognize the Intel HD 4400. That means the older Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the newer Fallout: New Vegas games are playable because they use the same game engine. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is playable with a mix of low and medium settings. Lastly, Star Trek Online is playable with a mix of low and medium settings at 1920x1080 resolution.

The Sims 3 should be playable as well since I seen someone play the game (with expansions) with the Intel HD 3000 that is 2 generations older.