Solved! Dell m6500 vs sager or boxx or clevo

advrsharma

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
whjch would be the best in terms of Total cost of ownership and durability , expandability,battery life and best build quality.

Solution
You're in a bit of a hole, there. Workstation-class GPUs perform like dreams with engineering and 3D applications, but aren't so great at gaming, while gaming GPUs are the opposite. You'll have to choose whether or not you want a workstation or a gaming machine based upon your usage - if you're going to be working most of the time and don't mind the slower gaming experience, then the professional GPU is for you. If you are going to game most of the time, or your 3D work is not that intensive (the 280 can handle 3D work okay), then the gaming GPU is for you.

advrsharma

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010

dell m6500 or similar specs of other manufacturers

advrsharma

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010

Thanks for your valuable reply.However lenovo Thinkpad w 700 is not yet available with i7 processors.Will goboxx from boxx will be a better choice ?

advrsharma

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010

Thanks for reply.I will be using primarily for work including CAD,3D animation and may also play games occasionly when i need a break.I may consider any make regardless of price variation .I believe Boxx also advertises its product as a professional workstation. I understand that Sager,Clevo,Falcon northwest and mtech are making similar products with gaming level graphic cards instead of professional certified gpus .Kindly advise keeoing my original Questionin mind. I shall be grateful for your valuable suggestion and the precious time spent.Thanks again

frozenlead

Distinguished
You're in a bit of a hole, there. Workstation-class GPUs perform like dreams with engineering and 3D applications, but aren't so great at gaming, while gaming GPUs are the opposite. You'll have to choose whether or not you want a workstation or a gaming machine based upon your usage - if you're going to be working most of the time and don't mind the slower gaming experience, then the professional GPU is for you. If you are going to game most of the time, or your 3D work is not that intensive (the 280 can handle 3D work okay), then the gaming GPU is for you.

Solution

advrsharma

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Dear frozenhead,
Thanks for your reply.Your reply was good.Now please advise if dell m6500 with fx3800m graphics card would be the best configuration keeping in mind my first question as compared to boxx goboxx

frozenlead

Distinguished
...like I said, you have to make the choice to put gaming or work first. You can't really compare the two cards - it's apples to oranges. I can't tell you which is better...it depends on your personal preference and what exactly you're going to do with the machine most of the time. So which do you do more of - gaming or rendering?