Dell Missing Operating System

Vyrotek

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hello everyone, in a bit of a bind here. My sound was not working so I was on the internet trying to update my drives. Some 3rd party software started automatically downloading from some of the web pages and then my computer started acting slow. I get a notification saying that the startup of the the computer has changed. It was from iobit. Telling me that some program was added to the start up. And then I got multiple of them. I force restarted my computer and then I get the “Missing operating System” error. Even tapping f8 to get the recovery brings up the “missing operating system.” It’s worst because my mom through away the system recovery disks as she does with EVERYTHING. I have some windows 8 recovery disks from my laptop but I doubt they will work. I ran the diagnostics as I can still boot there and it found no issues..What else can I do? Was running Windows 7

Solution
Best option is to contact Dell and hope they can supply a set of recovery discs. You're gonna need recovery anyway if the OS really is missing, no way around that.

zyh1987

Proper
Mar 16, 2018
you can order a recovery disk from dell.

there was some one providing some service, and got sue by microsoft, so i'm not going to suggest you that till everything is sorted out.