Dell Ordered to Sell 19-inch LCD for $15

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Dell monitor for $15?
Hell no.

I'd rather steal a hobo's TV and use it as my monitor over using a damned Dell brand product...

Pay up Dell.
We all hate you.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Sounds like the UK KB screw-up... That's what you get, when you cheap-out, dell.
The law is still the law, so dell should digest the lo$$ and STFU.
In the u$, mostly the little guy pays for it's mistakes - corporations have lobbyists and lawyers.

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Sorry, if it was a minor discount that was actually feasible, I'd expect Dell to pay up. But this doesn't fall under false advertising, because it was a typo that resulted in a 90% discount from the discounted price. That's insane. This sets a disturbing precedent.

aspekt

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
well dell did it again, i just cant wait for the news now.

they made another mistake right now on selling Latitude E4300 laptop, instead on the tag price NTD$60900(USD$1903), after you select the color of the model (black or red) in reduces by NTD$42342(USD$1323) at a final price of NTD$22158(USD$1323) you can see it yourself here but i dont know how long it will take them to take it down. haha

aspekt

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
well dell did it again, i just cant wait for the news now.

they made another mistake right now on selling Latitude E4300 laptop, instead on the tag price NTD$60900(USD$1903), after you select the color of the model (black or red) in reduces by NTD$42342(USD$1323) at a final price of NTD$22158(USD$1323) you can see it yourself here but i dont know how long it will take them to take it down. haha

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]p_haze420[/nom]If I own the store. My policies would be customers is never right.[/citation]

Because that's how you get people coming back. Never ever open a business.

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
They need to get it together. While I understand that people are people and make mistakes, Dell is ridiculous. They have more pricing errors than any other vendor I've purchased from, and while many vendors will actually go out of their way to honor pricing mistakes, Dell just cancels your order, sometimes even after charging you the money, forcing you to wait a few days to receive a refund back to your account.

It needs to stop, and they need to get better at this. How hard is it to have one of your associates track the slickdeal and fatwallet sites to watch for potential errors like this? Then you'd only have a few hundred or so to fill, not 140,000. Somebody's got to slap them in the face with this or they'll never learn.

G

Have anyone of you " Sympathetic to Dell " idiots seen the profits they make ??????? - $18 is a drop in the Ocean to this Monopolistic Giant
SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.